- Stakeholder Perceptions of Home Fire Sprinklers, September 2016 (PDF, 1.29MB)
As residential fire sprinkler adoption is debated in many states, there is a lot of misinformation about the experience and perception of home fire sprinklers. The purpose of this study was to gather information related to residential fire sprinkler adoption in two states, California and Maryland. It includes an analysis of the overall experience and perceived value of home fire sprinklers by homeowners, local government officials, and water purveyors.
Durability by Design
NYC Benchmarking and Transparency Policy Impact Evaluation Report
- Durability by Design: A Professional's Guide to Durable Home Design, 2nd Edition, October 2015 (PDF, 9.32MB)
Today’s new homes are built with sustainability, energy efficiency, and innovative technologies. However – it’s a home’s durability that makes these other goals possible. Even the most efficient or green home won’t perform up to expectations unless it’s designed and built to manage bulk water, water vapor, insects, corrosion, and other elements that can break down homes over time.
Durability by Design (2015) updates the original HUD guide of the same name. This critical update covers key changes to home building over the past decade, driven by energy codes, new materials, and other market drivers. Read more...
- New York City Benchmarking and Transparency Policy Impact Evaluation Report, May 2015 (PDF, 1.2MB)
This report is designed to provide readers with a thorough understanding of both the approach and methodologies used to evaluate New York City’s (NYC’s) benchmarking and transparency policy, Local
Law 84 (LL84), as well as the results of the application of those methodologies. It presents a policy evaluation framework used for assessing the impacts of the policy in three key areas: market transformation progress, gross and net energy impacts, and non-energy impacts.
Strategies for Incremental
Reconstruction of Disaster
Safer, Stronger Homes:
Reducing Your Risk
During a Natural Disaster
Safety & Health in
- Strategies for Expanding the Supply of Affordable Housing Near Transit - Paper #3 The Role of Planning, December 2010 (PDF, 1.06MB)
- Strategies for Expanding the Supply of Affordable Housing Near Transit - Paper #2 Financing, October 2010 (PDF, 244KB)
- Strategies for Expanding the Supply of Affordable Housing Near Transit - Paper #1 Barriers and Incentives, May 2010 (PDF, 1.17MB)
- Incentives for the Use of Residential Fire Sprinkler Systems in U.S. Communities, October 2010 (PDF, 883KB)
- The 2010 Comparative Heating Systems Study
- New Product Adoption in Housing, Guide for Manufacturers, January 2010 (PDF, 356KB)
- Introducing Innovation into the Home Building Industry, Advice for Innovators and Inventors, January 2010 (PDF, 451KB)