Newport Partners was the project manger for this LEED Silver home. Energy modeling consisted of R-15 spray insulation and R-3 exterior insulation for the walls, R-50 in the attic and R-20 for the basement walls. The home achieved a HERS Index of 62 and was featured in Fine Homebuilding and Spray Foam Magazine, among others.
Contact us today for an energy audit or to talk to one of our energy specialist.
Energy modeling and indoor environmental analysis provides decision makers with valuable information. Newport performs energy analysis for multiple objectives including:
- Building Design: Newport works with builders, architects, and large property owners to maximize new and existing building’s energy-use while minimizing the costs.
- Code & Policy Positions: Energy use data found through modeling can be used to support or rebuttal code and policy positions.
- Advertising & Message Development: Conduct modeling and analyses to discover and promote a competitive advantage over competitors’ products and buildings.
- PR Material: When writing press releases and articles, numbers detailing energy and emission reductions help catch readers’ eyes.
Newport Partners works with all major energy modeling software including: REM Rate/Design, Energy Gauge Summit, RESCheck, WUFI, Wrightsoft, SolarPro, Campbell Scientific, Enetics LDS-1060 and 1070, RETScreen International, and TRNEdit 4.071.
Contact us to see how our energy modeling and indoor environment analysis work can improve your business or strengthen your code and regulatory arguments.
Maryland Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®
Would you like to improve the energy efficiency of your house? Newport Partners is a contractor for Maryland Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® and can help homeowners, builders, and remodelers save energy on new and existing homes. We provide the following services:
- Energy Audits - Newport assesses your energy and indoor air quality using state-of-the-art equipment to perform diagnostic tests throughout your home.
- HERS Ratings for New and Existing Homes - A home energy rating (HER) involves an analysis of a home’s construction plans and onsite inspections. Based on the home’s plans, the Home Energy Rater uses an energy efficiency software package to perform an energy analysis of the home’s design. This analysis yields a projected, pre-construction HERS Index. Upon completion of the plan review, the rater will work with the builder to identify the energy efficiency improvements needed to ensure the house will meet ENERGY STAR performance guidelines. The rater then conducts onsite inspections, typically including a blower door test (to test the leakiness of the house) and a duct test (to test the leakiness of the ducts). Results of these tests, along with inputs derived from the plan review, are used to generate the HERS Index score for the home.
The benefits of Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® can:
- Significantly reduce your energy bills
- Make your home more comfortable
- Help the environment by reducing carbon emissions
- Improve your home’s indoor air quality
- Offer assurance of high quality contractor work
For more information and videos about an Energy Audit with Newport Partners, please visit www.mdhomeperformance.org, call us at 301.889.0017 or email us for a quote!
ENERGY STAR Certified Homes Version 3
Revision 08 of the Version 3 national program requirements has been finalized and is posted to the ENERGY STAR website!
This revision addresses top concerns from Energy Star Partners which will help to "greatly reduce paperwork, better align the ENERGY STAR certification process with a HERS rating, and continue to improve the efficiency of new homes without compromising quality, comfort, or durability.
Here are a couple of short orientation videos to help you understand Revision 08:
Contact us if you our interested in our Energy Analysis services.