Electro-Osmotic De-Moisturizing Technology (EODM)
EODM technology provides a low-energy method of stopping moisture in the ground from entering a structure through sub-grade concrete and masonry structures. As a result, mold, mildew, radon, odors, allergies, and other indoor air quality problems can be reduced or eliminated, rendering the space more healthful, amenable to a broader range of building materials and suitable for a broader range of activities - - actually reclaiming space which would be otherwise unusable. Neither a structure’s size, nor its use, will limit the application of the technology.
The method has been tested and proven for 15 years in Europe, and offers numerous benefits:
- Proven Effective - demonstrated, tested and used successfully in over 2,500 installations across a broad range of European and North American applications. Radio waves neutralize the electrical charges that allow capillary action to occur. This effect allows gravity and evaporation to dry the structure.
- Cost-saving and energy-efficient - consumes approximately the same power as a 100-watt light bulb; reduces maintenance and repair costs of spalling concrete, corroded metal, etc.
- Safe - tested and certified safe by TUV Rheinland - North America (an international testing body) against-
- ANSI standard methods and FCC Part 18 & MP-5
- The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 61010-1:1990+A1+A2
- UL 3101-11/10.93
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 1010.1-92
- Flexible and Quick to install - can be retrofitted or applied to new construction, requiring only surface mounting of the control unit and two earth-embedded spears- the entire, non-intrusive system can be installed in lessthan four hours.
- Preventive, lasting and verifiable - prevents the entry of new moisture into the structure, and thus eliminates the need for dehumidification of wall moisture - benefits are demonstrated by direct measurement of the moisture present in the structure.
- Damage-reducing - prevents damage to building contents from moisture and mold, ; to wiring, piping, and other equipment from corrosion; prevents discoloration and damage to masonry walls, as a result of mineralization/salts and efflorescence.
The technology takes advantage of the natural physical and electrical properties of the earth, water and masonry - - together with low frequency radio waves, to impede the intrusion of ground moisture into masonry and to set up a virtual electronic shield around a building to keep moisture out. The system does not employ chemicals and is minimally invasive. It generates energy levels far below those of a cellphone or cordless phone.
The patented system uses special antennae emitting modulated, timed and varying radio waves of very low frequency (144 khz), to generate an electrical field across the masonry. As a result, the movement of the moisture through the capillaries of the porous masonry is reversed. This new process, referred to as "active electro-osmosis", stimulates the ions of the water molecules and reduces their adhesion to the capillaries in the walls. By the constant output of radio waves, the system provides for lasting dryness.
This technology was developed and perfected by the European inventor Hamatrol®. It has been tested and demonstrated by the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee Department of Mechanical Engineering and shown to be effective at controlling moisture, and moisture-related problems. The Moisture Solutions EODM System is manufactured by Hamatrol® for Moisture Solutions LLC -- an mSolve company, and the exclusive US/Canadian distributor for EODM. It has been tested and certified by TUV Rheinland - North America (an international testing body), and by INTERTEK Testing Services NA Inc.